Each one of us has some goals that we want to achieve in our lives. The best route that will help you to achieve them quicker and easier is gratitude. This concept is so important to our goal achievement that Wallace Wattles in his book, “The Science of Getting Rich” dedicates a full one-third of it to this topic.
Why, then, is the concept of being grateful so hard for us to integrate into our lives? After all, from the time we were small children we have been told that whenever we are given something we should say “thank you”. Maybe the concept of gratitude is so simple that we just simply forget about it.
Wes Hopper in his e-book “The Astonishing Power of Gratitude” says that there are some key mistakes that we make that keep us from being in a state of gratefulness. They are:
- A belief in scarcity, that there just is not enough of anything to go around. We don’t believe in a friendly and abundance universe.
- We live our lives in a state of resistance. We do not readily accept that our lives are perfect just the way that they are.
- We postpone happiness until something in the future occurs. For instance we get that new car, new job, pay raise, etc. and then we can be happy.
- We prefer to be satisfied with the status quo rather than dissatisfied. Yet, it is dissatisfaction with the way things are that will boost us in our growth.
- We see ourselves as victims of circumstance rather than co-creators of our world.
- We want to hold onto grudges rather than to forgive.
- We don’t see the flow of abundance. We have to be willing to give if we are ever going to receive.
If we are going to successfully achieve our goals, then we have got to understand that the universe operates by predictable and reliable laws. One of these is gratitude. In “The Science of Getting Rich”, Wallace Wattles writes: “There is a law of gratitude, and if you are to get the results you seek, it is absolutely necessary that you should observe this law.”
Universal laws tend to operate within the natural principle of polarity. That action and reaction are always equal and in opposite directions. That is why whatever we put our positive energy into will grow. It is like you placed an order for it with the universe. That is why gratefulness is so crucial; it has a high positive energy vibration that is powerfully attractive. A mind that is focused on gratitude is constantly focused on the best and that keeps us from dwelling on worry and fear.
The concept of gratitude is why it is always stressed that you see your goal as already having been achieved. By being grateful in the now, you are putting an immense amount of positive energy into it’s in the accomplishment.
In the next couple of articles we are going to look at these hang ups that keep us from achieving our goals through maintaining an attitude of gratitude so that we can eliminate them from our lives and live the dreams we desire.